Transmission Ratio - calculating

Yes it was a merlin (or derivative) and I think you are right about its origin, still it would have given barely 1000hp without its supercharger!

AJH

Reply to
sylva

I put some numbers in and found if I fit 33 inch tyres autobox with transfer box and then fit 3.5 diffs I can get an increase of about 160% over a standard SWB I assume the body and chassis will disintergrate before I get to that speed 185mph definately brown trouser speed

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

It's also worth remembering that the Meteor tank engine was a Merlin derivative, and RR swapped the tenk engine business for jet engines.

If I recall it right, Rover was the other party to the deal.

Presumably this makes a Meteor-engined Land Rover ARC-qualified?

Reply to
David G. Bell