Triple Sport alloy wheels (18 inch RR P38)

Mine are in good condition but thye have the usual kerb rash. I was gonna get them blassted & repainted etc. I have had a few quotes & thye seem expensive to be honest at around £50 per wheel. Thats £250, I also need a Pirelli Scorpion tyre at £120-£150 i reckon. Thats $400 (not bothered at this point as i bargained £350 off the car for the rash!)

I read this months LRO magazine to find Craddocks doing a set of 4 original Triple Sport alloys & Wrangler tryes for £695.

Triple Sport alloys go for silly money on eBay, as around £400 for 4 & £500 for 5.

All the tyres on mine are legal, just one's a bit low. In fact the two fronts are Michelin MXV4's & are brand new. The other 3 have Pirelli Scorpions on & two have around 6-7mm & one has around 3-4mm.

They should sell well on eBay as most folk wouldn't be too arsed about a bit of kerb rash, unlike me!!

Makes good sense to buy a set of 4 from Craddocks, sell my old ones & not have to arse about getting them refurbed! By my reckoning it should only cost me a few quid for a steel spare, not really arsed for 5 alloys etc.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

If you shop around you should be able to get one for sub =A3100 fitted balanced etc. I paid =A3384 inc VAT for 4 fitted and balanced from the local LR dealer, 285/65R16 Scorpion S/T. OK R16 rather than R18 but =A3150 is still over the top.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

HR rated 255/55 18's are very expensive!! I actually got quoted £187 from kwik fit.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

...and Nige spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Just looking at quotes for the same tyre fitment (Disco 2, 255/55/18). Kwik Fit were over a hundred more for a set of 4 than ATS, who were the best quote by a mile. None of the web dealers (Black Circles etc) came close to ATS either. I'm ordering some tomorrow.

4 x Wrangler HPs - £418 fitted, balanced, new valves etc. Kwik Fit wanted over £530. The spelling is the main reason to boycott them, this is just another.

Pity - I'm totally sold on BFG AT/KOs, but BFG don't do anything in that size. OE fitment it is, then.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I used to have 18" wheels and was looking for tyres for them but the hike above the 16" version never appeared to be more than =A320 or so. I= got the size wrong in my previous post BTW, I have (I've just looked)

255/65R16 109H. I do remember that the available range of tyres in R18 was some what limited, hence getting some 16" wheels and the slightly cheaper tyre price for R16.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
Andy Sargeant

That's hardly surprising - in the wet i find BFGs grip like trying to walk on an ice rink covered in ball bearings.

Reply to
EMB

It's worth trying you local main dealer - they may have some take-off's knocking about for sensible money.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:24:15 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

yeah, I found them a bit slippy in the wet. comes from having the sort of compound that gives 40K plus miles per tyre, though.

Pirelli ST or AT scorpions grip beautifully in the wet, but wera out in no time, by comparison. typically about 16K miles, I used to reckon to get.

been wondering what to put on the TDi disco which is due for tyres soon - it doens't really need AT pattern most of the time. ISTR OE was goodyear GT+4 or something, but if the general grabbers are reckoned to be good, might give them a go.

Anyone tried Cooper discoverer LT or AST? Pictures look like quite a convincing tread pattern...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Nige writes

Hi Nige

I have some pro sport 18" alloys fitted with goodyear tyres brand new and still wrapped from the factory £120 + VAT each

Reply to
Marc Draper

Pics matey?

Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

On their way

Reply to
Marc Draper

"Andy Sargeant" wrote

If you are in the South give Micheldever Tyres a ring on 01962 774437, they are just off the A303 at Micheldever Station, Hampshire (Nr. Winchester). Always find on expensive tyres their prices are so much cheaper it's worth the journey and they carry enormous stock, worth a ring and you pre-book the tyres so they keep them for you. (it's that busy!)

Bought two Michelin Pilot Sports in 255/35/ZR/18. 90Y. for the back of the BMW yesterday, their price £352.40 inc and in stock, local cheap place quoted £180 + vat each but had to get them in (probably from Micheldever). That's a £70.60 saving less say £12 on fuel and some time.

Reply to
Bob Hobden