Twisted Performance Chip

Hi All

My Grizzly Old insurance company (NFU) have added 20% to my policy because I have had my 90 chipped :-(. The said they realise that it does no really add to the top speed but it does add to the acceleration. They make it sound like I am going to do 0 to 60 in about 3 second!! I am not really sure they realise a Defender is still like a brick and the increased acceleration does not turn into a V8 Muscle Car!

Perhaps I am just Ranting! Does anyone know of any more Chip friendly insurance companys.

Cheers Phil

Phil Clarke

I think you'll find that things like chipping are viewed by insurance companies as an indication of the drivers driving style, or attitude if you like. I'm not implying anything about your good self, but I think it's easy to see the risk assessor thinking "Ah!, not someone who just wants to plod around".

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Pah NFU .... I spit on them and their fake NCD's that are beaten by the likes of Tesco for the same vehicle with no NCD.

Should be renamed to NFW!

Reply to
PeTe33