Unofficial afl/101 club meet

Austin Shackles muttered summat about:

was thinking late April to catch nicer weather

Landrover thing at Gaydon that weekend

That was what i had in mind. Of course anyone going to Gaydon might not want to come to this neck of the world two weekends in a row. If however any folk wanted to stay on til the following weekend I'm sure arrangements could be made.

Reply to
Graham G

Any thoughts around the same weekend as Gaydon? Could make a day at the show part of the treat. Probably more interest too as two meets/events in quick succession may take a bit of selling to other halves. Lee

Reply to
Lee_

Gaydon weekend? What do you think? Include the showonthe itinary :-)

Reply to
Lee_

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:58:46 -0000, "Graham G" scribbled the following nonsense:

kids finish school on the 7th round by us, that weekend (8th-9th) is Tom McGuigan Longest Landrover procession thingy at Towcester, so I'll be there promoting GLASS

15th 16th is Easter weekend

22nd 23rd gets my vote, just before kids go back, me and dawn have a GLASS Exec meet at Gaydon that weekend, so we could combine the two and actually make the journey to Gaydon pleasant!

The following weekend is the heritage run at Gaydon.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

No Bowlers available - so I'm not interested.

Actually, thanks for that - I'll look into hiring a suitable toy.

Reply to
EMB

...and Steve spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

We're in, regardless of the state of Jonathan's leg (sorry Steve). :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

...and Graham G spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

alt.FAN.landrover - anyone who likes 'em is welcome too.

As long as they don't have a J**p as their second car.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

...and EMB spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

If not, I'm sure someone here would be happy to offer a lift from somewhere reasonable. The location is pretty central.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I meant sans green oval vehicle - I'll hire something or borrow a car from family to get there (and am likely going to be based in Leamington Spa which is handy anyway).

Reply to
EMB

Firstly forgive the erratic posting over the next few days. Am kinda between computers

It would need to turn into a minimum of a three day thing then. It would also mean that Martyn and I wouldn't be able to be on stand both days (assuming he is, was a hot topic with charlotte ;o) ).

Looking more likely that it will be the previous weekend

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

Jolly good show!!

Reply to
Graham G

Makes sense I guess. Can't blame a dude for trying :-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Can we pull this together as follows:

22nd 23rd April

Venue name?

Contact email address (this will be obfuscated on the website)

Brief summary of what's going on...

Reply to
Mother

Grid ref ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I've added basic info to the club events page - need more padding please, and some contact details would help!

Reply to
Mother

On or around Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:48:15 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I've put it in the calendar in the smartgroups doofrit, an' all.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sorry forgot that bit: g 'dot' r 'dot' gleed 'at' btinternet 'dot' com

Will be more detail over the weekend

Reply to
Graham G

Sweet. Added these details to the club site - will do a page on

over the weekend.

Reply to
Mother

Done this update too. Note that although the address appears visible on the page, it is actually obfuscated to stop spam reaperbots nabbing it.

Reply to
Mother