Unofficial afl/101 club meet

I think I can safely say that this previously highly held event is now so low down our list as to be almost forgotten. It's been in steady decline, falling standards, shitty organisation and to top it all, the chap responsible for willing it into being, Christopher Savidge (until his death, the President of the 101 club) hasn't even had the courtesy of having his name spelled correctly on the website for the event.

Basically, I reckon they're money grabbing fuckwits and they can stick their wanky show right up their arse.

Reply to
Mother

So where is Billing in your anti-league then ?

Eastnor was fun. Lets do that again.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Fri, 06 Jan 2006 23:32:40 +0000, Steve enlightened us thusly:

yeah, Eastnor was OK. The one at Malvern wan't bad either, although I admit to a personal bias on account of the location.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Billing is long gone off our list. Not only is it a Circus, it's an accident waiting to happen. I don't wan't read reports of death there, but I fear it will take this before the organisers actually do anything about safety and security.

I like Eastnor and Peterborough. We'll prolly do Malvern again too as that was fairly well organised, not stuffy and very, very clean (showers cleaned regularly, bins emptied three times a day, litter-pickers etc).

Reply to
Mother

Both are pretty long-haul for us - not as far as Pembroke, though :-)

Reply to
Mother

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 12:53:35 +0000, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

I actually wrote a letter to LRO congratulating them on having set the standard for all future shows, whether they are organised by LRO or LRE or etc....

Agree with the comments about Billing, the actual camping space is getting smaller too, as they keep adding more static caravans.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

That was something on my list of things to do too, but didn't get a circular tuit. May well try to ensure it goes back on my list, though.

Reply to
Mother