unofficial possibilities.

That one Austin mentions looks good - reasonable for all the usual suspects ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

We're in.

Reply to
Nige

Do we want camping or B+B ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

We're taking the van, we also have a buy a decent off roader.....

Reply to
Nige

Ah, so the Rangey's crap off road?

Reply to
Dougal

I think it's more a case of you don't do cross country in your best shoes when you have an old pair (or access to) that you can get covered in crud. :-)... One has standards you know! ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:33:47 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

I'm provisionally booked sometime then. I fancy Pembroke, but then it's a long way for everyone. Although that camping pub place we went to in 2006 was good, and didn't mind us having conflagrations.

The weekend I was thinking of is in October - Internal Fire's end-of-season crank-up is on the Sunday, which is worth a look if you've not done it before.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles wrote: Although that camping pub place we went to in 2006

Changed hands :-(

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Sat, 30 Aug 2008 22:11:07 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

ditto, I'd bring the caravan. Conflagration-friendly site... I assume you still have the firepit?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin - how close are you to Internal Fire? I have some old Dorman and Ruston manuals that I might donate to them some day. The AFL courier service with you as the end point might be a way of getting them there.

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:47:19 +0100, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

I go there several times a year.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'll keep that in mind. Don't hold your breath, though - it's not imminent! - unless the lottery comes up.

Reply to
Dougal

Engine model number(s) and serial numbers too, if possible? - I'm likely to have most luck with the Dorman. Number of cylinders? Air/water cooled?

Reply to
Dougal

end-of-season

You wouldn't have one for a Dorman in a 22RB or one for an air cooled Ruston twin cylinder, 23hp at 1850rpm, it's approximately 1500cc?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

We are away in October from the 27th, so can't do around then??

Reply to
Nige

Possibly I am closer than Austin, so bear me in mind if he can't.

Reply to
Rich B

Thanks, Rich. I bear that in mind, too.

Reply to
Dougal

I'll get back to you on those as soon as I can this next week. Cheers for that.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Sun, 31 Aug 2008 11:23:27 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

it's before that. Might be the 12th.

Just looked, it is. 'froading on the Saturday, Sunday lunch and IF in the afternoon? Or IF first, then hunt food later. IF doesn't open 'til 10:30.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sounds good.

Reply to