V8 alternator

Hi Does anyone know what alternator I can use as a replacement for discovery YLE10099 they are not easy to get and overpriced, Mine has just died :-( RIP Tia Alan

Reply to
al

Al,

I had the same problem a while ago with my Rangie (VM), I got quoted over £500 plus VAT for a genuine part. Sadly they didn't have them in stock (no shit!). I ended up going to a local recommended Alternator reconditioned and it cost me £35 for it to be refettled... at which point I regained the ability to breath.

If you can't find one in Yellow pages then try calling a local auto electrician and appealing to their better nature. I did this and got pointed to a reliable chap.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

£142.17 inc VAT here (Marelli) - no sypply problrms I'm aware of.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Alan