V8 engine for free

I have my old 4.6 V8 engine going for free if anybody wants it for parts or possible rebuild.

99K miles under its belt. Broken piston. From my 1998 P38 Range Rover. Complete with both heads (no leaks), water & oil pumps. Was all working ok until a piston decided to break up. Was still running but making a racket when it warmed up, no water or oil loss though. Located in Ruislip, west London free to anyone who can collect it.

gaz

Reply to
Gazza

/waves at Mark - from Hampton Hill

when is good? I can make myself available and in Ruislip most days/evenings although the weekend is looking a little crowded.

Reply to
William Tasso

oops - sorry, Gazza

Reply to
William Tasso

Hi William

email me off group gary dot es at btinternet dot com

Reply to
Gazza

Waaaayheeey!!! Got my rangie back today, new engine, brilliant. And the old lump has a new home too, hopefully William will get her going again someday soon.

gaz

Reply to
Gazza

heh hee - know that feeling.

#1 son is cautiously optimistic (a good approach for a 12yo) - we'll be stripping the lump down when we have more than a few contiguous hours to spare - I'm hopefull that after a little engineering (or maybe just new parts) she'll drop straight in where the 3.5 currently sits.

I can feel a shopping list coming on :)

Then, we have a real problem - what to do with the 3.5? anyone got a rotting spitfire[1] with paperwork?

Many thanks Gazza.

[1] The Triumph variety, of course.
Reply to
William Tasso

William, can i have your 3.5 block? I want to make a display out of it?

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

YGM (assiming I descrambled your address correctly)

Reply to
William Tasso