Veg Oil, the saga continues ...

Nothing really to say. Done about 1k miles on veg oil/diesel mix to about 30% with no problems. Towed caravan for about 160 miles, ish and can say the Disco is still running more quietly, with smoother power delivery and it 'feels' just a tad more powerful.

Just found a local source of Corn Oil at 50p per litre, other than Lidl which has sketchy deliveries, so it'll run on that for a while

We also tried a mix with rapeseed oil (75p a litre) which didn't seem any different to the Corn Oil really.

mpg is same as straight diesel.

Indeed there's little to report, boringly everything works at least as well or better. Even cold starts (5.15 am at ~2 deg C) were same as normal.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I might put my fuel filter heater back on the landy and start using cooking oil again, I'm going through more fuel these days, sometimes a whole tankful in one month!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings