VEG OIL update for thoes interested.

Hi All Disco 200tdi 92

144K manuel

12Ltr Corn oil Tesco 49p/ltr + 6Ltr Veg oil Tesco 66p/Ltr (only alowed to buy 6ltr at a time per person ) Plus fill tank ..so just under 20% mix

Engine is very much quieter Starting is no problem (glow plugs need changing, it starts better on veg oil mix??????) When cold, idle is very low (near stall point) and higher revs need to get going. Once engine starts to warm idle settles about 75rpm low . Main difference in use is that accelerating away in 5th from 1000rpm on veg oil is not realy possible (engine is jerkey and slow to respond,it could do this well on diesel only) Change my style of driving to use slightly more rpm through gear changes (not much) to achive a smooth ride. All in all Vehicle runs fine with no probs.

Will update with consumption figures as I get them.. Oh yes, dissapointed with LACK of chip/doughnut smell (possibly the head cold but no coments from my colegues about smell) and no apreciable diesel smell.

Regards John

Reply to
Long tall ugly