Venetion bilnds (on-topic, honest!)

Now don't laugh...

Marge (110CSW) currently has tinted windows, achieved by the use of stick-on stuff. This is fine for driver's/passengers' windows, and the middle row, but I find the tint in the back windows a nuisance, especially when reversing and night driving (there is too much reflection). I was thinking of fitting thin Venetian blinds, mainly so that I could close them electrically when she's parked in town (for security), but so that they'd only minimally obscure the windows when driving.

Are there any MOT/legal implication to this, for example the fact they'd be in the passenger compartment? Does anyone have a better idea? The tint is excellent for hiding the vehicle contents otherwise.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Mercedes has an electrically controlled shade for the rear windshield on some models. Blinds would be an inexpensive way to go, but perhaps the mechanism from a wondering Merc could be studied and appropriated!

Reply to
USAROVER

raise them the same way.

Pontless fact No: 431

I've restored a few pre war British saloon cars and most of these had a roller blind mounted above the rear window with a cable control up to the driver.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

surely venetians are going to flap around all over the place as you corner, brake etc?. Roller blinds have to be better don't they? You could motorise them to drop while you hold on a sprung switch till they're all down, and raise them the same way.

Reply to
Martin Edwards