Video of the LRX

OOh what a pretty cohesive architectural design with mood lighting and strong shoulders that has to be the biggest load of bolloxs I have heard since Blair quit . Spen King must be spinning in his grave.

Derek I'll get me Manolo Blahnicks

Reply to
Derek

Totally Agree are LR Becoming 4x4 of the Past

Regards Skinty

Reply to
skinty

As a Disco 3 owner I have to disagree, Land Rover are producing some of the best cars currently available right now. The D3 is light years better than anything Toyota/Nissan or any German company can come up with for on road ability, when it comes to off-road the gap widens further still. The D3 is awesome in the rough and will show a clean pair of heels to many other wannabe 4x4's. The new Freelander is the same, fantastic to drive, well built and good off-road. Sure the LRX will appeal to a different market sector but so what, it will sell by the bucketful and make LR more profit to ensure they continue to be the unique manufacturer that we all know and respect.

All LR need to do is make sure that when the time comes in 2010 to replace the Defender, that they don't forget their roots and make sure it is something that suits the traditional owner, I.e. make sure it is a hard working, heard wearing utility that is the best off-roader in the world and they have got the market sewn up.

Just my 2p worth.

Reply to
Andy

Knowing Tata it'll be something that'll suit the Indian army.

Which means something not too different from what we've got today, but with a much easier to maintain engine...

They've been gagging to get into that market for years and buying LR and sending TKD kits to India will allow then in with a product only a couple of decades out of date, as opposed to the Mahindra & Mahindra product, which is about fifty years out of date...

If you have a domestic military market measured in hundreds of thousands of units you don't really care about the small foreign market for a military style 4x4.

Reply to
William Black

erm, erm, erm!! and ignoring all the marketing bollox....."fenders"?!

Anyone else think that it looks like a MINI with fat wheels? Not that I'm complaining, I rather like the look, and the indicators with the LR text is a neat touch.

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Yeah - I like the look too though the interior is a bit OTT but will no doubt be subtle in a production vehicle. It'll keep the marque in credit no doubt and as it's a new range not a replacement then what harm can it do? Defenders are on borrowed time, if it prolongs the production a little further or supports a new style Defender then all the better. Landrover aren't in the market purely to please us lot of overgrown mecanno junkies. :-)

I can already imagine the Britpart replacement light units etched accordingly :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Mood Lighting...

I bet that works when (if) its up to its mirrors in mud!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:13:03 +0100, Matt M enlightened us thusly:

That bloke don't half talk a load of tripe.

Looks rather nice, but as with the concept that led to the RR sport, it'll get watered down, concepts nearly always do.

They do need a small one though - the new freeloader is only about half an inch smaller than a Rangie, 's bloody massive.

Reply to
Austin Shackles