Driving to the South of France

How long does it take to get down to the botton of France? Preferably somewhere sunny with beaches. Can you do it in a day at 60 or do you need to be doing 85?

Reply to
Doki

I did it with a caravan behind a ford sierra easily in a day. You will get there about midnight.

I also did spain in just over half that time on a suziki 1100...

Reply to
Burgerman

Depends where you start from, it would take me a day just to get to the south of England :-(

Reply to
Homer

Calais. I'm not worrying about the ferry time / getting to Dover yet.

Reply to
Doki

Google maps will give you directions and travel times, for example Calais to Marseille works out ar 13.5 hours.

Homer

Oops, hit the key a bit early,

Homer

A few years ago I did Southampton - Cocumont (past Bordeaux, the south west kind of area) via Dover-Calais ferry. We left Southampton around 5pm, got to Calais about 1am local time (after the M25 was closed!) and then to Cocumont late morning. That was driving between 70 and about 110 on clear roads with probably around 2 hours worth of breaks I guess.

So I guess all the way to the South would be doable in a day at 60 quite easily.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

And the Suzuki ride was more interesting and entertaining ;-)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Well yes! But no female in tow. And hotels instead on caravans. And mucho fun!

Reply to
Burgerman

Do you get Dutch telly in Belgium?

Reply to
Doki

Yes we do.

Like most things coming from the Dutch it ain't worth a lot. I can't honestly name 1 program of their 3 channels.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor