War and Peace Show?

Who's going to that then? 19th-23rd July, Beltring in Kent. Huge show, well worth the trip apparently. I've not been before but will be doing my best to go this year.

Some photos from last year's Saturday events;

Ian Rawlings

I went for several years but havn't been for a few as it now costs to exibit (=A325 IIRC) and I feel that is taking the piss. The Kemble show

is a much better show.

Reply to
Rory

Forgot to ask are you going to the Haslebury Mill show with the Wessex MVT in a couple of weeks?

Reply to
Rory

I expect so, I won't be exhibiting the pinz although I am a member of MVT and attend the Wessex monthly meets (or rather have attended one so far, having only just joined). There were a lot more people at the monthly meets than I expected, a nice crowd.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I've been to Kemble once, I was taking photos when I had some decent camera gear, it was a good show, I drove the landy up to the front of the car park next to the runway and stood on the bonnet taking shots. It's a shame Vulcans don't fly any more though.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I will meet you there then , having been going to the Wessex meet for several years now.

Reply to
Rory

OK, let's see if my rusty memory can pick you out of the crowd ;-)

I'm not sure which day to go on yet for the Haselbury show, I had a leaflet that said it was on the Saturday and the Sunday, I don't know what the difference is between the two days, if you know, do tell me so I don't turn up on the wrong day! I would probably go on Sunday, there's a classic sports car day at Castle Combe on the Saturday that I might attend.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Last one I think as it becomes the site of the Olympic village. Very controversial when there was a coup that changed the show management so maybe time for a fresh start.

AJH

Reply to
AJH

Saturday is the private club day, including a road run , setting up and mucho drinking and Sunday is public day with mucho drinking if needed.

Reply to
Rory

Olympic Village? I don't think so. To quote from the Olympic site as follows:

"That means that 50 per cent of Olympic athletes and 75 per cent of Paralympic athletes will effectively be able to walk to their venues - that is absolutely unique in the Olympic Games that I have experienced."

Long walk!!!

Aside from that, should be going on the Saturday.

MC

Reply to
Martin Coombs

I've been going to War & Peace for 6 years...exhibiting for 3 ! Yes it does cost...but what a week ! Where else can you go for good clean fun, with a bit of tank driving, off roading, cold beer, evening entertainment in three bars and just a great atmosphere in England in the summer for =A325 ? Personally I'm a member of MVT & IMPS and as W&P originally was an IMPS show that's where the costs arise ! But we won't go there ! All I can do is tell as many as want to read this...it's a good'un ! Every time I've been to Kemble, I've broken down....and I don't even own a Land Rover (any more!) I am however running a RRC, and a 1958 M35A2C (6x6 US Army Troop carrier)

Reply to
Hazel

It was a rumour that seems to have grown from the new owner's permission to build quite a few luxury holiday homes on the site, mind it is a huge site so there is room for all.

AJH

Reply to
AJH