Well, that's a quid I'll never see again

Am I a total fool to enter the 5th Gear compo?

T'was a rather nice looking RRC Vogue SE though.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Bloody fifth gear, daft programme. I don't receive channel 5 but have been following their progress on making a 200MPH Lotus Esprit, what a shambles. They buy a car, break the gearbox, "upgrade" the gearbox with an unsuitable upgrade kit that actually weakens the box through entirely the wrong bearing design, whack 35% more power through the now weakened gearbox which breaks again, and just waffle on with the oft-trumpeted but never deserved "lots of trouble usually serious" comedy phrase... Not impressed. The guys doing the upgrade have posted to a list I'm on saying what they've done and are having the errors of their ways pointed out to them by people who've been there and done that.

This is the lot who ragged an LR3 up a muddly lane accompanied by the usual whoops, zany camera angles and fast paced music aren't they? Motor journalism at its best.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 19 Apr 2005 00:54:34 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

yep, that sounds like arTiff and his motley crew. crap program, IMHO as well - 's not as good as the "old" top gear used to be, neither does it do silly stuff as well as the "new" top gear.

can't help feeling the whole thing is a vehicle to promote Tiff "I'm a racer, me" Needell. Mind, Vicky B-H isn't bad...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ah well, he more or less proved last night that although he may be a mediocre race driver he's an absolutely shit offroad driver.

Take a Range Rover Sport on a muddy field, floor it hard and whinge about how it doesn't accelerate.

What the heck did he think would happen when he slams 400+BHP straight through road bias tyres into clay?

Idiot.

Still hope I win the RRC.

P.

Reply to