Whats insurace like after an engine change?

Want to get another landy

But this one has had an engine change to another manufacturers diesel turbo.

What is this going to do to insurance.

Im only 22, and have trouble getting insured on the rangie as it is.

Any help appreciated.

Mark (I was born today, 22 years ago)

Reply to
mark solesbury

Happy birthday, Mark.

Reply to
David French

Thank you David.

Reply to
mark solesbury

you will need an engineers report, this you will then send to the insurance company . if youre local garage is an auto engineer then they can write you a report out and will not cost much . the report is to say that they have checked the vehicle and the work done is to a high standard and that the vehicle is safe to use on the road.

a rule of thumb as to what youre insurance will cost is that it will most likely be same as a vehicle in which the engine would have been originally fitted .

a landrover with a v8 in would be same insurance as a v8 landrover or range rover , a ford v6 engined landrover would be same as a 3 litre capri or 2.8 granada whichever type engine fitted and so on and so forth .

its best really to stick with a standard landrover engined vehicle and then youll only pay normal rates of insurance . a 300tdi engined landrover is only one group higher than the old 2.5 diesel version

Reply to
M0bcg

When you are ringing up for quotes, make sure that the first question you ask is 'Do you insure under 25's'. It'll save you lots of time!

Ive spent ages on the phone going through quotes only for the last question to be the DoB and for them to turn me down.

Reply to
Tom Woods

make second question "do you insure modified vehicles?" I have a '94 Defender 90 200tdi with a V8 and a lot of companies wouldn't touch modified stuff even though its a Landrover engine in it

richard

Reply to
Richard Adcock

Of the mainstream companies, NFU Mutual is worth a check. When I was sorting out my Lightweight it was engine capacity that mattered, not engine type.

Reply to
David G. Bell

On or around Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:25:30 +0100, Richard Adcock enlightened us thusly:

I had to get a report done on my 110, despite that they were available with the 3.5 V8. However, ISTR it didn't affect the price.

Reply to
Austin Shackles