When a Landie gets stuck, it's _really_ stuck

Disco destroys Pick-up
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i 0_1229190375

On or around Sun, 14 Dec 2008 11:58:14 +0100, aghasee

heh.
I guess those F150s aren't as strong as Ford would have us believe...
Austin Shackles wrote:

I guess whoever decided to bolt the winch A-Frame to the tub/body really wishes they'd actually bolted it to the chassis ... ;)
Hard to tell whether it's just the tub or the chassis that's gone ..
--
Paul - xxx ... somewhere else.

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:08:35 +0100, Austin Shackles

My colleague/friend drove a Dodge Ram 1500 a few years back. 5.9 ltr V8, 4*4. My RangeRuster got stuck one day on my property. It took a Defender 110 to tow both the Ruster _and_ the Ram out, together. We -luckily- did not ruin the Ram though.

Landies RULE!
says...

Nice, I suspect that the winch was bolted to the tub right back near the cab. As a result the winch would have been pulling the middle of the truck upwards, and with the pull from the front it obviously bent the chassis :) I'm wondering how many miles the F150 got down the road before a prop went too :) If they had had the winch mounted at the rear, the stress would have been transmitted directly through the chassis and it would not have bent like that.
--
Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media