Why would you spend £10k on this???

Anyone reckon it really cost anything like £10k?? Why not just do up the original written off 90 the Td5 came from?

I'm not saying anything about the looks - I don't think there is any need to!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

On or around Sun, 18 Jun 2006 08:45:50 +0100, Matthew Maddock enlightened us thusly:

jes*s that's ugly.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well if you look carefully, it says in the first paragraph that the previous owner spent *£10*, not £10,000, that's much more realistic. I can only assume that the later reference to £10,000 is a misprint.

Quite why they did that to the front I guess we'll never know. I'd have thought a TD5 would fit without all that messing about.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

"THIS IS A UNIQUE RANGEROVER!!!"

Thank (insert deity or expletive of our choice here) for that!

MW

Aust> On or around Sun, 18 Jun 2006 08:45:50 +0100, Matthew Maddock

Reply to
mike whiskey

Unsurprisingly it didn't meet the reserve!

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Crying out for FAB4's RR radiator.

Reply to
GbH

"Matthew Maddock" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

I imagine Bristol might spend 10k on it so they can determine who made the abortion and hand him his P45 unless of course it was the office cleaner. I can't understand why it even got to that bid unless someone wanted the TD5. Derek you can put a monkey in a suit but its still a monkey

Reply to
Derek

looks like they've put the front off an Allegro on it!

Reply to
Dave R

Someone was on the pipe when they did that!!!!

Ugly int even close!!!

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

I refer the honourable gentleman back to the "plinth = art" and my "curly one on a paper plate complete with flag" thread. ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

There are some things that will never be aesthetically pleasing to anyone but a nutcase, turds on plates, cans of shit and that Range Rover are certainly examples of this!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

It's got a 101 Rad Grill... (or close - the difference between a 101 grill and a piece of weldmesh is... about 50 quid...)

I actually saw the 'bricks' at the Tate and did rather like it - something very "aesthetically pleasing" about it, but I can't really say 'why'.

Reply to
Mother

Why don't you buy it and try to rebuild the 101 from it ;-)

Back in my amateur photography days I won second place in a club competition with a picture of some railings from a shopping centre, seems silly when written like that, some things just have to be seen.

Cans of shit though, I think I'll pass!

Err, I mean I think I'll give them a miss!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Watneys made a mint selling cans of piss in the 70's I've redecorated many a ceiling with the party 7s Tracy Emin is an amatuer by comparison. Derek

Reply to
Derek