WOT: Springbokke take the trophy home!

Yay we won, but well played England. Who would have dreamt you would make it to the final

Reply to
madhatchetman

I thought you where a Kraut, thank f*ck you're not! ;) It was s**te, we lucked it every time for me. Though, the try....

Still lost though.

Reply to
Nige

Good match, and I think the right team won, but there wasn't much in it. And if England hadn't gift-wrapped 6 points at the start, and Cueto had been three inches to his right when he went over the line, it could have been very different.

Reply to
Rich B

LOL.

What you mean is..... If Englan had played better and SA played worse it could have been different

Reply to
gymratz

Goes without saying. What I meant was that the outcome of the match depended on a small number of minor issues which could so easily have been different, rather than one team being consistently better than the other, which made the match close and interesting.

Reply to
Rich B

In message , madhatchetman writes

..But only because the video ref was an Aussie

Reply to
hugh

I thought England could win. They dominated possesion of the ball, and as someone said "that try....." Not that it was enough to win, but tough call. Mind you my lonely enthusiasm for South African scoring won me some glares from almost everyone in the bar where I was watching.

Reply to
madhatchetman

If that try had been given, it would have ignited the whole game. England might have taken heart from it, but equally, the Boks a few points behind are a fearsome opponent. For all my shouting and ranting at the time (sorry kids), from the replay it was definitely not a try. His foot did go into touch before he lifted it, no question. Good decision by the TMO.

Contrast with a football match, where you could well have been beaten to a pulp for the same behaviour.

Reply to
Rich B

I guess the air turned blue all over England at that point.

Reply to
Larry

Not here. We (the boys & I - Steve is away again) were watching the 2nd disc of "Return of the King" which we had been trying to fit in the schedule for some time. Another form of battle I suppose.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Why? Has something of major national importance happened?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dunno but I think I would be well advised not to wear any of my Springbok rugby shirts for a while at least till we pop up to Scotland for a break. Derek Kato 200TDi Disco vegoil +ve

Reply to
Derek