WTB: 110 SW rear tub

Hi,

Looking for a rear tub for a 110 station wagon - any year, but must be in good condition, no rot (I'll ignore the condition of the cappings on any non-galv ones as they will be replaced anyway). Looking for something quite quick, so if you have one then email me with asking price and your location (mainland UK please!) and any pics if possible.

Thanks

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Me too, I'm still looking for all the bits to convert my 110 hardtop to stn wagon. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Hi Badger,

well, now that the rear tub's off the 2.5TD SW it doesn't look so hot at all, and can't go back without major amounts of metal work which requires time I'd rather put into other areas which led to the request for another one....

I have a rear n/s door sitting here for you surplus to requirements though, and should be in your area when I eventually get my new B posts and take them and a load of other bits to Hi Galv :)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

Hi, William. Sounds very good to me. How bad is your original tub? Is it repairable with a bit of manhours thrown at it? If so, I could be interested. How is your gas system these days? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Hi Badger,

Depends on the skill and availability of expensive tools for repair - but it's not great -

Rear floor where middle seatbelts mount to chassis - completely rotten through - the plates for the mounts are curled up half an inch with white powder corrosion under them!

Cappings are completely away

Rear light panels aren't fantastic at the bottom.

Front stepped edge/middle floor drop around the front mounting area is also bad, but at least that is simple metal bashing

Rear o/s wheel arch holed where doorstay ripped through

Rear n/s wheel arch holed on top where bench seat mounting fell through (though we didn't know this when the vehicle was in service - this vehicle used to actually get used as an 11 seater)

I'm in two minds about it - I do have the option of getting another one by going down south and might end up doing that, but the local scrap metal chaps have just supplied me with some chequer plate and have a fair bit of stainless plate available for me as well - don't know if I could insulate the rear floor from the rest of the body enough to put it in as a floor but I'm considering that.

I'll let you know what's happening with it once I know myself ;)

I would have said fine yesterday, but today it got slightly hotter than it normally does as I was in Inverness at rush hour. Horrendous stink, which I strongly suspect coming from the vapouriser area - kind of mix between rotten eggs and burning rubber. There are XCLs on the back at the moment, but no, it wasn't them!

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod