XP OT

On or around Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:15:26 +0100, "Jeff" enlightened us thusly:

I wouldn't trust it :-)

Both the machines here had a BSOD (which to be fair is very unusual with XP pro in my experience) over the weekend. could have been an external influence of course.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:51:34 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

The old one has just done it again twice today. It might be suffering from trying to run Boinc, but then again, it might simply be getting near the end of the road, it's quite an old machine. unfortunately, it's not practical to replace the motherboard - it needs a case as well 'cos the PSU has long-obsolete plugs.

I suppose I could hunt one of those cheapo barebones boxes. case, PSU, board and chip - I've got all the other bits. It doesn't really get used enough to justify spending much on it though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles