Don't be a victim.

Holiday season is upon us, a timely reminder for those gung ho (I've been there!) amoungst us.

One careful owner ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Owner should have had a Tirfor :)

I remember last time I was working in the UK, early 80's, someone took a dumper onto the beach on the south coast, & got it stuck with an incoming tide. Got his mate with a Drott to come & get it out. It too got stuck. Then got a JCB to come & shift 'em all. Got stuck too, then the tide came in ... made a lovely picture in the paper.

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

They seem to think a Vauxhall is a Land Rover....

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Later on in the article they get it right, including in this revealing snippet;

"The crew attached a buoy and anchor to the jet ski and, as the machine was stuck fast, they decided to leave it in the mud overnight. Two hours later, however, the incident took a twist when Mr Morgan attempted to drive out across the mud in his Vauxhall 4x4 to try and recover the jet ski himself - and the vehicle became stuck."

Some people urgently need an appointment with kindly Uncle Darwin.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Burnham... Severn Estuary, huge tides, very flat, very soft, very deep, very sticky mud. Not a sensible place to take any vehicle.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

|| They seem to think a Vauxhall is a Land Rover.... ||

Strictly speaking, they are right. The vehicle is described as a "4x4 landrover" rather than a Land Rover (or Land-Rover).

Any vehicle which roves across the land could be described as a landrover. So a Vauxhall could be a landrover. But not a Land Rover.

In a million years.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 21:06:25 +0100, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

You owe me a new keyboard.........

SWMBO says you're loony, that makes her Citroen ZX a landrover as we've been laning in it......

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

|| SWMBO says you're loony, that makes her Citroen ZX a landrover as || we've been laning in it......

Guilty as charged, m'Lud.

Reply to
Richard Brookman