Your worst off roading errors - i'll start

DAve Hi,

and damage is even more extended and serious when you start "playing" with sea water or sand. Lots of Landies here in Greece have been subjected to this tornment and eventhough our road are very seldom covered with salt during winter you can find several cars suffering from rust beyond repair to both their bodyshell and mechanics due to salt water.

Actually one of my main headaches is washing the camels with fresh water following a windy day (my house is less than 5 meter away from the sea and seasalt spray is constantly covering them.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Sit it over the top of a garden sprinkler for an hour or so. 'swat I

*do* to de-saltify the chassis after launching boats.

  • Hose pipe ban allowing, of course.

Are you allowed to use garden hosepipes in the summer?

David

Reply to
rads

I expect he is, Greece after all isn't an arid, desert region like the south of England!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

LOL !!!!!!

Actually water is not aplenty but we still manage OK without crazy restrictions such as in the UK. On the other hand most people fit dedicated irrigation systems which limit wasting water while on the same time watering the garden as much as required.

It is really sad to see on of the countries that have created the structure of the free world to start suffering from such limitations of access and use of, what should be, elementary sources of life.

The even sadder thing though is that I expect those things to also be applied here in Greece in a few years time.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Went out on night drive with my girlfriend, my son and his auntie. Just been up a lovely green lane with lots of tricky bits, had done the last few rock steps and could see the main road.Whilst driving down a nice little track in a gully, I turned to talk to g/f in back and before we knew it I'd driven up side of banking and was looking down at my son (we were on our side). Walked about 3 miles phoned a friend and had to get righted by a suzuki SJ410 how embarrassing. I then had to go back next day with a very friendly GLASS representive and get towed. A passing biker then helpfully told me how to get oil out of engine (taking injectors out and turning engine over) and after about a mile of heavy smoking everything was ok! Unfortunatley no photographic evidence for this but am sure it is very prominant in the minds of those involoved! again many thanks to GLASS guy you know who you are!!

Reply to
landiemanlll

|| ||

CCV trial, class 5, clear all day up to that point (IIRC), then there came a section that went along a horrible side-slope. The angle of the dangle was about 45deg, and the correct approach was to keep a wheel on the top to minimise the lean. However, there was a cane on the top of the slope to stop it being too easy. I was watching the front to make sure it didn't touch the cane and I missed a small depression in the ground in front of my RH front wheel. The small movement was enough to make the whole vehicle tip gently sideways and land on its side. Everyone saw me put my arm out, thinking I was trying to break the fall of both me and the vehicle, and expected to find a broken arm at least when they pulled me out, but all I was doing was gently touching the grass to make sure I knew when we had stopped rolling (I think). No damage to Tiggrr or my good self. The large number of points I got (I think it was about the 7 gate) ruined my afternoon, though.

After the roll:

All in one piece:

Richard Brookman

Talking about water, this is the photo I was talking about earlier in the thread, not a shortage of water that day I can tell you. With our trialling, you take it in turns to go first, ie you jump a few start numbers throughout the day.

On this particular day, it had been raining heavily all morning and the hard base of the quarry meant that all the water had been running into the pool at the bottom, instead of being 18inches deep it was more like

3 foot plus. As luck ( or not) would have it, I was first off and knew that I wouldn't make it through all the way so decided to just empty it the best I could for the others by ploughing in way too fast. I emptied it alright!

If I look wet in the pictures its not because of the rain!!

Dave

P.S. sorry for small size, I had to resize it for another reason, but you get the idea!

Reply to
Dave R