Latest threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Strangely interesting article
great big semi-flying machines that were designed to fly about 10 metres above the sea surface, using reflected air as a cushion. Includes links to videos and is fascinating. Some odd looking but...
16
16

200tdi 60ish mph max
>> My 200tdi 90 will do 60ish flat out... > > it's shagged, then, or the speedo's up the shoot. Really.......Shite! Its got larger tyres (235 85 16) but the speedo is cock on comapred to my tomtom......
21
21

Side steps
I was wondering if side steps for a 90 can easily be fitted to a SIII 109?, they seem to be far cheaper and more common on eBay than SIII ones. Greg
13
13

OT, but tough enough for the Land Rover Nation
If you or your parents recall the "golden age" of British stock-car racing, I have a nostalgia website with some 300 photos and stories of the outrageous cars and legendary characters that raced them...

Proposed "Third Gear"
Don't know if this has been up before, but just read this: It's written, apparently, by a representative for the group suggesting it, so it's difficult to see it as deliberate satire. But they can't...
10
10

Slightly OT: minimum specs for compressor
Thinking about acquiring one for the garage. Some paint spraying and jobs like tyre inflating, fence spraying etc. Probably not major league air-powered tools! The Machine Mart catalogue has a...
11
11

That will teach me....
Mornin' Was on the way into work in my Golf, on a dual carriageway at about 70mph. A blue series 2 disco sped past me in the outside lane. God knows what went though my head, but i thought i'd...
3
3

Disco suspension
Has anyone had a problem fitting spring isolators to an early disco 1 I know they are std on the later 300tdi. Derek
16
16

Wanted, series one bits
Evening all, I've decided that I might keep the series one after all, I am tempted to tart it up over the winter now that the garage is nearly finished. I don't mind that it looks a bit forlorn but...

OT: Me new toy!!!
Well, I felt the need & just did it! Unrestricted model, could be a bit mad really, but I know (sort of) what I'm doing. Had to get the 2 wheel version of the Subaru as I have the 2 wheel version of...
17
17

Tracking
The handbbok for my Disco gives a toe-out tolerance measurement from 1.2 to 2.44mm. I am quite happy working in degrees and minutes, but have no idea where I should be taking the above measurement...
7
7

Hummers, are they really that good?
Judge for yourself...
40
40

series front hub seals and flushing oil.
why are landrover jobs never easy? took the drum off the front corner and found ti was full of oil. Got all the bits to fix it (forgot the hub spanner again though so im still on the chisels!) and...
15
15

Replacing Thermostat on '99 Disco 2_PLz read in.
I have had some overheating problems lately on my '99 Disco2, and prior was having sporadic interior heat fluctuations. Sometimes I couldn't get any heat at any settings. Lately the temp guage will...
7
7

Billing Show 2007
Seen on another list I am on...... The LRE Show at Billing is no more - confirmed! LRE have now secured a new site at Kelmarsh Hall, Northampton. Dates: Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd July 2007. In their...
2
2