Extended warranty opinions

Lexus offers extended warranties going up to 7 years/100k miles. Does anyone have any experience with buying this extension through their Lexus dealer, and if the warranty is worth the cost? When I first bought my 02 ES300, I was offered this extension for around $1000, and they said it was

100% refundable at the end of 7 years if there were no claims against it. Sounds like a good deal, but I have to think there is more below the surface that I'm not considering. Any thoughts out there?
Reply to
Steve Larson

Yeah. You're forgetting that the Lexus dealer is an INDEPENDENT businessman, who is not obligated to sell everything Lexus offers and who wants to maximize profits.

That being the case, he can and will sell non-Lexus maintenance plans/warranties--but he won't tell you that you're getting a non-Lexus product.

He makes more money, and by the time you go to use it and find out you're screwed, there's nothing you can do about it.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

This is not necessarily true. Some Lexus Dealers do offer the factory backed Lexus Platinum Warranty. Just look over the information closely. If it's a Lexus Platinum warranty it's the real deal.

Reply to
msb