Lexus Hybrid?

I am interested in whether Lexus is coming out with a hybrid sedan in 2005. I read in a press release that the RX 330 will be hybrid, but that is an SUV. Does anyone know whether Lexus will come out with a sedan hybrid?

Reply to
Ed Francell

No plans for a hybrid sedan for Lexus at this time. RX330 only for now.

Reply to
msb

I think it was 'Road and Track' that speculated the hybrid technology being prepared for the RX330 is likely to find its way into the future LS (2007 LS 550?) as an option, not to provide mileage, but as a way of giving a brief 50-100 HP boost to acceleration.

The 290 HP LS 430 does 0-60 in 6.3 seconds. This compares favorably with a lot of 1960's vintage big-block musclecars. ('Motor Trend' reported

5.7 secs burning out with the traction control off.) Now figure Lexus would probably tune about 380 HP out of a 5.5 liter V-8, add to that a 50-100 HP electric acceleration boost ... I'LL TAKE TWO OF 'EM! (Dear Lexus - please give me a 'gentleman's express' stick-shift option with that.)

-- Pete

msb wrote:

Reply to
Pete