LS430 navigation system can't find home!

I have an '03 LS430 with the navigation system.

Everythings worked fine, until I moved from NH to ME this week.

I deleted the "Home" location (NH) and registered my new home (ME) as the "Home" location.

That worked, and it now shows the home symbol at my new home in (ME).

When I try to set "Home" as my destination, however, it still routes me to my old (NH) home!

Then, since I don't want to go to my old home, when I then delete that routing to my old home, it asks if I'm sure I want to delete my (ME) location!

My dealer wasn't able to help.

Anyone else experience this?

HBH

Reply to
BenAndMarsha

Try clearing all of your previous trip destinations and go ahead and delete your new ME destination as well. Once everything is cleared, re-enter your new home destination.

Reply to
Ray O

Isn't that their job? I mean, if they don't know the answer, don't the have a responsibility to FIND the answer?

Reply to
David Z

Thanks!

That worked like a charm!

Wonder why the dealer didn't know that.....

HBH

Reply to
BenAndMarsha

You're welcome!

Who/where is the dealer in ME? South Portland? Saco? There were no Lexus dealers there when we moved away from New England in '93.

I'm guessing that the dealer didn't know that because the person you spoke with never had that question asked of him before.

BTW, I guessed the answer after about an hour of sitting in my driveway trying to do the same thing.

Reply to
Ray O

The dealer is Autofair in Manchester, NH

HBH

Reply to
BenAndMarsha

They were just getting started as a Toyota dealer when we moved from the area so I'm not really familiar with them.

Reply to
Ray O

driveway

These words need to be repeated to every car mfr in the world! We need a way to practice using this software in our homes -- not in a freezing or roasting car and not out on the street.

Reply to
jay swinger

Good idea - a virtual navigation computer CD to practice at home would be a good idea. So would reading the owner's manual, which I only do when stumped.

Reply to
Ray O

You can get a Nav CD tutorial from your local Lexus dealership for free; they've offered one for about two years now. Pop it in a PC or Mac for audio/video or into your car's CD player for audio only.

Reply to
greg