Just Put Nokian WR Tires On New Yaris

Hi Group,

I just bought a new 2007 Yaris hatchback and love everything about this car. I ordered it with the 15" wheel and tire option which came with Bridgestone Potenza RE92 tires. After researching this tire on the net, I found out it really sucks on wet roads and is an accident waiting to happen in the snow.

I live in central PA where we usually get a few good snow and ice storms each winter. With less than 200 miles on my Yaris I decided to get these crappy tires off the car right here and now! I wanted the very best all weather tire I could find as I'm not one to be pissing around each winter and spring changing tires back and fourth. Notice I called the Nokian WR an all weather tire rather than an all season tire?

That's because from what I understand, there is a big difference between the two. This tire is made in Finland where they have snow six months out of the year and they test it just north of the artic circle. As far as I know, this is the only all weather tire that has the severe service emblem molded right on the sidewall. They may or may not be as good in the snow as a full blown snow tread but for year round use here in PA, I do think I made a good choice.

Any comments on this tire would be most welcome :)

Rich

Reply to
Just Me

I was happy with mine, on a Tacoma pickup. Boring tires, which is a good thing.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I've had 'em for a few years on my Lexus, and I now swear by them.

My family minivan is getting them in a few months.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You made a good choice.

I've had WR's on my vehicles for three years now, wouldn't consider a different tire.

Did you get 4 'Haaka" pins for the sidewalls?

Reply to
aarcuda69062