My newest purchase

My newest purchase Well...

...this is my next car:

$7500 1998 740iL Carfax certified, with warranty. 140k highway miles, recent service. Nice, clean example of an E38. Going to pick it up from the dealership on Thursday.

I also bought the entire BMW factory service manual set on DVD (a cool bit of info... once the software is running, you put the VIN in and ever bit of info about the car comes up, and it works on BMW models back to 1938! Which explains why it's a 6 DVD set).

Next step, summer wheels and tires: staggered M Parallels, of course.

In order to make room in the driveway for it, the Falcon will be going. It was supposed to be a quick "lower and paint" cool daily driver, but it needs an engine and transmission rebuild, and I'm not in the mood to do yet another major engine removal project right now. So, while it's still together and stilll kinda runs and drives, it's going away and I'm getting this BMW to be the daily.

sanwan