noise from under steering wheel

2005 Lexus ES330. Recently, I found there were "clark", "clark" noise coming from the components under steer wheel when I made slow turns. It happens most when I drive in a dense resident neighborhood where you need to make a lot of slow turns, and at most time, with your foot on the brake pad. I am not sure exactly where the noise coming from, but it is clearly related to the steering system.

Any one has similar experience? How to fix it?

Reply to
finecur

I once had a Camry with about 150,000 miles on it that emitted similar sounds. It required replacement of the constant velocity joints.

f> 2005 Lexus ES330. Recently, I found there were "clark", "clark" noise

Reply to
cbrandiii

TSB ST001-05 was issued to outline procedures for correcting a clunk, pop, or knock noise when turning the steering wheel on 2003 through 2005 ES vehicles. This may be the same as your "clark" noise. A new intermediate steering shaft has been developed to address the concern.

Reply to
Ray O

Ray O is correct. I have a 2004 ES330 and I had the same clunk coming from the steering column. It was repaired under warranty.

Reply to
John