Window Switch on '93 Camry

Has anybody replace the window switch located on the driver door of a 93 Camry. My driver side window will not operate, but all the other windows so far work fine. Dealership said the switch is bad and needs to be replace and that is $300 for the switch, doesn't include labor. Has anyone had any experience replacing this switch themselves and if you did, is it easy, medium or difficult? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bdowns

bdowns

$300 for a switch? Most times when these stop working it is the motor not the switch...

Reply to
ROBMURR

I recall someone posting that they took the switch apart and cleaned the contacts with sand paper and it worked as good as new.

so

any

Reply to
Wolfgang

this is a no brainer.

f*ck the dealership,

find your switch in a junk yard.

alright.

Reply to
Lance

I think the $300 is for the controller unit, not just the switch. That's about what one cost me recently.

Reply to
Offen Rong