2005 miata key remote?

hi ive a 2005 miata w/remote key keys.

for 4 time ive walked down to my basement aprt bldg garage and the trunk was open and the battery was dead? im absultely sure i locked it. and the car doors.

ive called the deal and he tells me to recode the keys i have to buy a new security module for $two hundred.

is it possible for someone else to open my trunk with their remote or not?

dave

Reply to
dave

Anything is possible--it's not necessarily another Mazda's remote, or even another car's, that's triggering your lock. Why not simply unplug the wires from the trunk lock and use your metal key? Locking convertibles is a foolish concept anyway. Just don't leave anything inside that's worth stealing.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Yeah, I've even been hearing from other owners on an OTM forum that if I try to use the keyless ignition system on one of my OTMs while parked next to a Toyota Prius with the same feature, my OTM might not start.

Because that's a PITA?

I know, I know, but there's nothing more annoying than paying good money for a handy feature only to find that you need to disable it.

Agreed, except for when the hardtop is attached.

Reply to
tooloud

Sure. Two of my friends had overlapping remotes. One guy w/ a Ford Escort would open the other's trunk (on a Eagle Talon) when he used his remote to unlock the Escort's doors..

-Scott

"dave" wrote in news:1163447701.989370.109130 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Scott Hughes

thanx...ill try unplugging the wires if it continues. dave

Reply to
dave