Central locking problem

Got a 2000 Uk 1.8 TDDI Focus, and the back passenger side central locking won't work. Can lock it manually, and all the other doors centrally lock. Is likely to be a fuse? motor?, and what the cost-and can I do it myself? Thanks

-- Regards, Stu Devereux. Fax no. 08701339568 (Outside UK fax 448701339568) E-mail. snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

Reply to
Stewart Devereux

I['ve recently had this on the drivers door with my Focus- I thort the lock motor had died and was about to pull the door to pieces to change it, and it suddenly started working again!

Anyways, the locking motor is part of the latch, which you remove from the door as one unit- its described well in the Haynes manual- and apparently the motor can then be separated from the latch and renewed on its own if it is faulty- check for power across the two wires when you actuate the central locking first. If they are dead then you know you have a problem upstream of the motor...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and l

Two weeks ago my remote key stopped working , I couldn't open my doors. I used key to manually ope, but I was not able to lock and unlock doors anymore using both locking system on both driver's and passenger's side. Also I was not able to open a trunk. Last night went to Ford dealer. First they told me that was a fuse and they put it another one. They tried a couple of times and new fuse also went broken. They told me not to use remote key and only to use a button in car to open trunk. But when they parked car outside garage and tried again, fuse went agan. They told me that something is very serious and they need to spend a couple of hours ($$$$$$$) to see what causing a fuse to brake so often. I didn't want them to do it, I went home.

Now I use my key to manually lock and unlock doors. I can't open trunk at all. Remote key for trunk dosen't work. Button on dashborad for a trunk doesn't work and even I can't get a key in trunk to manually open (also $200 CAD).

Please help or advice on central locking situation. I am really angry.

Please tell me what to do, what can be done.

Tim (Remove NOSPAM. Registry corupted, reformated HD and lost alot of stuff :( wrote:

Reply to
Lalo