XM Radio and Road block

Purchasing 2007 RX350. Dealer want $985 for XM installation. Is this going rate.

Also, anyone have the Roadblock? Is it worth the$550 dealer wants?

Nick S

Reply to
Nick S Jr

wow!!! my dealer thot it would run $600. Still too much. I ended up mounting my Roady2 in the middle of the dash. Blocks my odometer, but otherwise a great location. I use the FM mod rather than the "ipod" input-- that gave lots of interference. I use FM1 for just the XM and FM2 for 6 presets, that way the mode button on the wheel makes sense.. IS250

Reply to
chip

Unfortunately the FM Modulator idea, tho it works, sure sacrifices an awful lot of fidelity. Acoustically there is no comparison to "the real deal" tho I admit the cost seems a bit punitive. True audiophiles would probably spend the dough to do it right.

Reply to
New Owner

I thought so too- but the direct line in was FAR worse.. lots of engine "noise", although I havn't seen any other complaints from others- so maybe its just me. But at the price they were asking to instal XM I couldn't justify that on a car i keep 3 years. Not perfect , but close enough

Reply to
chip