LS400: Water from A/C leaking into cabin

'90 LS400

A/C has been out all winter. Repaired this week (condenser). Now water is leaking into cabin at passenger front footboard. Is there a drain I need unclog.

Thx Chip L

Reply to
Chip L

Most likely the evaporator drain hose has become dislodged or clogged.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

On Sat, 06 May 2006 13:15:32 GMT, "Travis Jordan" graced this newsgroup with:

that's sounds exactly like a clogged drain hose. Not unusual. Some cars are more prone to this problem than others. I know my wife's

00 ES300 had this problem and it literally soaked the entire carpet. The hose was clogged *and* crimped. So the first time we took it in, they unclogged the hose but didn't check the entire length to see if was crimped anywhere. Two weeks, and another soaked carpet later, we took it back and they found that the hose was crimped and replaced it. It's been fine ever since (about a year and a half).

What's particularly annoying for the 00 ES300 is that if the drain hose backwashes into the passenger compartment, it follows the drive line hump under the center console and then pools in the *rear* floor area. So, just touching the carpet in the front won't tell you if it's clogged as the front carpet will be perfectly dry however the rear carpet will literally soaked enough that when you press your hand on the carpet, water bubbles up over your fingers.

wonderful.

Reply to
kegler

It sounds like the drain is clogged, pinched, or mis-routed. The drain hose exits under the car. From underneath, if you do not see a little bit of the hose protruding, then it is mis-routed. If you do see the hose, see if you can poke a wire up from underneath. Be aware that the sunroof probably has drains at the front of the car as well - they are a little larger diameter than the AC evaporator drain.

If the wire won't go through, then pull back the carpet under the dashboard on the passenger side and see if you can see where the hose goes. make sure it is not pinched and goes through the hole in the floorboard.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray. Can you tell me specifically where the hose exits under the car? Thx Chip

Reply to
Chip L

If you look under the car, behind the rear (closet to door) of the passenger side wheel well, you should see it.

Reply to
Jerohm