XM radio in a rx350

I am considering getting the xm radio in my 350. Does anybody know if there will be another antenna drilled into the vehicle or does it use a existing antenna, or what?

Thanks.

Reply to
Eddie Munster

The aftermarket satellite radio antennas I've seen are magnetic. The factory one is probably permanently mounted - they look like a bump in the body work.

Reply to
Ray O

Well the other vehicles I saw (non lexus)they were like small blade antennas three inches high. There is already an antenna on the 350 that I remember seeing. Aft, right, nine inches (am fm?). I was thinking of getting xm but I don't want the shop drilling a hole in the body. Don't need xm that bad. So I was wondering if the antenna is already on the car, just not connected and wired. As the AM button is actually (AM - SAT), I think all the do is stuff a reciever box in somewhere. This is alread bought I just haven't gotten it yet.

Ray O wrote:

Reply to
Eddie Munster

Toyota/Lexus has specific procedures for body treatment if a hole is drilled for an accessory. Most likely, no holes need to be drilled.

Reply to
Ray O