XM radio in a Wrangler

Considering XM radio. I have a Wrangler w/ the dual tops. XM has this antenna, kinda looks like a half of a pop can, missing half down. Generally it ends up on the roof or truck of a car. Don't have either.

Anybody done an instalation?

Reply to
SP Cook

Yep - two weeks ago. Bought an Alpine unit with XM tuner module. I was worried since I have a soft top. They used an antennna that was kind of flat (no more than 1" high) and round. They hid it *inside* the cab, below the little rubberized tray in the top center of the dash. Reception is perfect - even in my garage! (Also, no visible XM antennna "advertisement" to potential stereo thieves!)

PLM

Reply to
Patrick Mills

Looked up a link to my antenna - I think I've got the one at this page. Again - it is mounted *inside* the cab, and below the dash - it is not visible from outside or inside my jeep.

PLM

Reply to
Patrick Mills

Can't you stick it to the hood, or cowling behind the hood?

HINT Yes.

Reply to
CRWLR

I've got the XM Roady. It comes with a very, very small mag mount antenna which I've just set on top of the roll bar (about in the middle). Fantastic reception. The only dropout occurs when I pull into the garage.

Mark '98 TJ '98 XJ

(Remove @home from email address)

Reply to
M. E. Bye

careful in the rain.. would suck to pay that much for a radio and then have it take a swim... i know from experience :( Nicole

Reply to
Nicole Mason