02 Ford Fiesta rear light problem

The drivers side brake light and high level brake light on our Fiesta (Finesse) don't light up when the brake pedal is pressed. The passenger side one does so its not the brake pedal switch. I've used the book that came with the car and released the top light but the bulb in there tested fine with a meter. I tried to get the light cluster off but couldn't get it away from the car. The two screws were removed and I got the top to come away after releasing a push fitting about 4" down from the top but the bottom won't budge!

2 questions:

1) What is the knack to removing the light cluster? Is it a pull towards the back of the car in line with the car or does a twist help?

2) is there anywhere I can get to the wiring to check that there is a voltage on the brake wire going to the cluster and if so where is it and what colour should I be looking for so I can avoid removing the whole lot if there is no need.

Can't believe changing a bulb has caused so much hassle!

Chris

Reply to
cjohnsonuk

Have you undone the plastic wing-nut in the inside, behind the panel? You probably can't see it but you'll feel it if you move your hands about enough.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Hmm, I thought that might do something but it didn't seem to want to budge either anti or clockwise. Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a try!

Chris

Reply to
cjohnsonuk

It does indeed. It's a normal anti-clockwise to undo thread. Grow some muscles and get in about it ;-)

Reply to
Sandy Nuts