02 mondeo clutch problems.

ok cheers,can anyone recommend anywhere apart from ford who can do it,in WALES

Reply to
clarbi

IS IT EASIER JUST TO TAKE OUT THE WHOLE LUMP AND WORK ON IT FROM OUT SIDE.

Reply to
clarbi

That is the only official way to do it. I am assured that it is possible to replace the mondeo clutch by levering the gearbox away and working in the gap, I have no wish to try it. The way to access this job cheaply is to find where the local taxi drivers get their work done.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

you mean by removing the whole lump you mean the engine and gearbox together ?

you don't have to do that. You drop the sub-frame which gives you the needed room to remove the gearbox as far as im aware that's how the Ford dealers do it as well ? ive not heard of them removing the whole engine & box, thats not the route i take when doing them. but remember when replacing the sub-frame you need to re-align it with the " alignment pins " otherwise you get all sorts of steering problems.

Reply to
reg

Easy, done loads, pins fasten to subframe so when it goes back in the pins locate it back in the body. I disconnect the column to steering rack joint first. Very similar to doing a vectra, not as straight forward as a 1600 focus.

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

Got 200k on mine before it went to the scrappies and it was still going strong.

And then did the same thing with the Focus.

Reply to
Chris Street

Well it is the same engine! Besides, that's just on the Zetec E engines. Those nice Yamaha designed Zetec SE's (like my 1.6) have the filter right at the front where its simple to change :)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

You want to try a diesel like mine. I've not met a more awkward filter to get at.

Reply to
Chris Street

great idea cheers

Reply to