1988 nissan sunny electrics

Hello,the temp and fuel gauges dont work on this car,i guess that it is the instrument voltage regulater ?? so i took out the dash to have a look and i could not find it on the back of the speedo housing. any ideas where the reg might be? the sunny is a 1.3gs 1988 f plate or am i barking up the wrong tree? thanks for any help,mark.w

Reply to
mark williams

My 80's Sunny had various instruments failing (can't remember which ones offhand) and it was caused by fractured circuit board tracks on the instrument panel. They were easily visible once it was removed from the car. I soldered across the breaks.

Reply to
Steve B

hi i checked the printed circuit but it looked ok? any ideas where the regulater is? mark.w

Reply to
mark williams

No help to you but I had an identical fault in my wife's Micra. We ignored it as the car wasn't worth doing much to

Reply to
Malc