1992 Citroen BX 1.6 petrol- stalling during cornering

I'm in between cars at the moment and am making temporary use of my family's old Citroen BX. The car has about 90K on the clock and smokes a little on starting, but is basically an okay runner. That said, one rather annoying fault that the car does have is that on hard cornering, it frequently tries to stall. This problem manifests especially on left turns.

Has anyone experienced anything similar on one of these cars? I suppose one might initially suspect something in the fuel tank is being affected by the lateral g and preventing fuel being drawn into the fuel line, but could this have such an immediate effect?

Regards, Jim

Reply to
J Walsh

replace the fuel filter first, try with a full tank. check that nothing is being pulled when the engine tries to hang to the outside of the bend, another possibility that can happen is if the coil is a sideways mounted one, they can leak their insulating oil and fail when cornering, I have only seen this once in 35 plus years, on a mini, so it isn't common, but really hard to spot!!!

Mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful