Hints please.

My Rover 214 has decided, from Saturday, to be an absolute pig to start. Right up until Friday it started on the turn of the key. On Saturday it just sat and spun the the engine with no thought of starting until I gave it a lot of accelerator pedal when it farted and popped onto two then three then finally four cylinders Needed a good rev to get all cylinders to catch.

Same performance on Sunday and this morning. Car runs as normal once it has actually started and was sitting for five hours on Saturday and started first turn of the key. Any ideas?

Reply to
gazzafield

"gazzafield" wrote in message news:VOydnY4SCr16mD snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

first check/clean/wd40 every sensor connection, especially temp sensor and tdc sensor, then plugs, rotor arm, dist cap, and air leaks.

next check I would try would be a quick squirt of carb cleaner up the air intake, if it fires straight away then it looks like it isn't rich enough.

Reply to
mrcheerful

It's quite damp. Plug leads?

Reply to
Conor

It's been my biggest thought. I want to have a good look at it but I'm usually driving it, at work or it's too dark. I may get a chance tomorrow as I am going into work late.

Reply to
gazzafield