Autoexpress 'Wiper' Test

They rated TP TV480 as the best overall.

TP refers to the manufacturer 'TruPart'. 480 isn't a model number, just an indication of the length. I required 20's size-wise, so went for the TV500.

They were cheap, but also pretty crappy. They squeek very often, unless on super-fast! They're not diabolical, but I suppose it was stupid to believe the test represented accurate information. Never had the above issue with Bosch, although at the price, I'm not surprised. I didn't bother with the 'Champion' ones.

Nice one autoexpress, just go and test windscreen wipers on *one* model of car. Sheesh.

I used

- received them as expected. Mine came with just 2 adapters, but autoexpress stated theirs came with "half a dozen to choose from".

Am I missing something regarding these? I imagine TruPart have maybe altered the design since the autoexpress review.

Reply to
David R

In message , David R writes

Or perhaps the Trupart "free lunch" to the Autoexpress boys was nicer than the free lunches from the other wiper companies?

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Hmm... I got 2 TV480s from wiperblades.co.uk for my Fiesta and I can't fault them. They pretty much work just as well as the Bosch wipers I used to get for a fraction of the cost and they're very quiet. It's a while ago now but IIRC they did come with about 6 adaptors.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

Wilkinsons. ~£1.00 a side. Fantastic.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

So I've heard...there's no branches in Scotlando though :-)

Reply to
David R

Come back and tell us that when one of 'em parts company with the car in a torrential downpour at 60mph.

It's not nice - I know from experience.

I never bought cheap wipers again.

Reply to
SteveH

The TruParts stopped squeeking as much now, but they're not exactly mind-blowing considering the other brands available.

I don't really give a toss, anything that drowns out inevitable wuman-talk is welcome.

Reply to
David R

hasn't happened to me (even on the westbound A66 c10pm this new years eve just gone with 70 mph + headwind gusts which actually lifted the wipers off the screen and blew the screenwash away from the windscreen)

is it at all possible that you didn't fit them properly ? or got a bogus set and didn't notice the poor fit ? or a combination of the two ?

Reply to
.

You just didn't put them on properly :)

I did try to un-freeze a Hillman Imp's wipers, after a night's fishing in Dungeness, with the only thing available at the time: WD40. BAD idea. Frozen

*and* melted.

That was about 15 years ago and I've just realised that what I should have done is pissed on them. Ho hum.

Anyway, as you were...

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

While we're at it, google for "worst first date jay leno"

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Well remember that for next time, but watch the wind direction.

Best wishes all, Dave.

Reply to
TripleS