1997(R) Almera saloon

I've seen an ad of 1997 R-reg Almera saloon (4dr) 1.4 GX with a/c, 67K, on sale for ?2000. Having looked at parkers price guide, wisebuyers.co.uk, whatcar, etc, got nowhere near to certainty whether this car is over/under-priced or just about right, as prices in the guides vary so widely. Any suggestions ?

P.S. It is on sale from a dealer

Regards,

Kostic

Reply to
Konstantin Begun

Seems reasonable assuming it's A1 condition, although obviously try for a deal. It should have electric front windows, mirrors & sunroof and the AC is a bonus, although I would check this out very carefully. I have a 1996 P Almera 1.6 GX 5-door but find it a little underpowered and a little thirsty (37 mpg). Also, at 70 mph, it's revving at 3500 RPM in 5th gear, which seems somewhat high for a 1600cc engine in a comparatively light car, although it's acceptably quiet. I have no info on the 1.4 engine but presumably the revs could be higher. Reliability is fine - I'm even still using the original battery after eight years. Starts instantly every morning. Boot room is limited on the hatchback but could be better with the saloon, although with the near vertical rear hatch and the seats down, the capacity is huge - chest freezers & tumbler driers no problem.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D