1998 Mondeo Windscreen Washer - Fuse?

The front windscreen washer on my '98 Mondeo has stopped working - no noise of the pump spinning when it's activated although the blades do swipe.

I'd like to change the fuse, just in case.

However Haynes & the owner's manual make no mention of a windscreen washer fuse and a web search has revealed nothing.

I assume there must be a fuse somewhere, so which fuse is it and where can it be found?

TIA.

Reply to
Mark

Does the rear screen washer (if fitted) work? IMO it's more likely the pump has failed, quite common, especially in very cold weather if little or no screen wash additive has been added.

Reply to
Jerry

Rear also stopped in the same way. I know on older mondeos one fuse drives both.

Either way, I'd prefer not to remove the pump 'till I've located and changed the fuse. (If there is one.)

Reply to
Mark

& if they stall because the nozzles frozen then the fuse blows.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

Reply to
JimWestern

Wouldn't the pump still spin?

Moot point though, one day I will need to know where the fuse is, even if I knew for a fact that the fuse was ok I still want to know where it is.

Or is it possible that there is no fuse? Wouldn't that be rather odd?

Reply to
Mark

Decent ones have heated washer nozzles :-) My BMW has them and they're just brilliant.

Reply to
Pete M