2.5 Omega Engine Management Light

Earlier today after accelerating to overtake in my 1999 2.5 Vauxhall Omega the engine management light came on and has been on ever since. The engine is running smoothly with no loss of power. It starts, revs freely, idles and stops just as sweetly as ever but the engine management light is still on. I have made several trips today with no problem except that the engine management light does not go out.

I am booking it in to my local vauxhall dealer this week to have it checked, but in the meantime does any one have any idea what it can be.

Thanks.........

Reply to
Bluehound

Hi,

I've only got experience of Cavalier ECUs (few of them good!), but usually you can short a couple of pins of the ECU connector plug to make the ECU light flash a code on the dash to tell you what's bothering it.

This web site should be able to help:

HTH,

Iain

Reply to
Iain McLaren

Just got back from the Vx dealer.

Turns out that the Air flow plug had become disconnected.

Tim

Reply to
Bluehound

Good news. Significantly cheaper than a broken air-flow sensor!

Cheers,