Can you give me some advice please people:

I've got an F reg Saab 2000 w chipped up engine, low profile tires and a radio/ tape player and graphics equiliser. Been sat for over two years doing nothing.

The wifes F reg SAAB 2000 needs a new clutch and seems not worth re MOT ing. Should I try to sell both for parts, or scrap them both? What should I get for scrapping them?

I'm in Manchester Steve

Reply to
MrBlueSkye

What models of 9000 are they? Turbo or not? Much rust, or other problems? Ebay is usually your best bet, you'll get something for them...

Jinx

Reply to
Mr Jinx

You'll get something, but not much I suspect. They are a much underrated car. I got £350 for my G-plate 9000S auto with 6 months t&t; the car was immaculate and only needed two front discs.

Your best financial return would be to break them yourself, sell the parts on Ebay then weigh in the shell for scrap. Make it clear in the ads you are breaking a whole car and you will get enquiries for parts you never even thought of listing! I cleared £450 doing this with a Merc.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Break it. I did that with a 9000i on the E plate. Cleared nearly £1000 in 2 weeks. Then paid a local company £30 to take the rest away. A guy down the bottom of my road spent two days swapping my immaculate interior for his ripped one. I also sold the whol exhaust system and clutch , Also had several enquireis about a light relay which guy 1 took for a fiver.

You wont believe what people will want from them.

Reply to
john

If you have access to a trailer or Tranny pickup you'll get about £40 for the shell at a scrap metal merchant (not a car breaker).

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Be willing to post overseas as some unwanted bits in this country are sought after abroad. Eg. I've sent a couple of steering wheels to Australia and the US and can only assume that they deteriorate in hot climates.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke