20 years and away it goes !!

Too true. The BMW MINI is wider and taller than a Maxi (!) and only a foot shorter. How mini is that?

Reply to
asahartz

Those old cars didn't have quite the power that the modern ones do though.

Reply to
asahartz

Standard van engine was low compression. It had probably got the high compression car engine fitted - my dad had one like that (and it was the same bright yellow/green that my campervan now has!)

Reply to
asahartz

My HA van had the high compression engine so I'd guess it was an option. It certainly accelerated well - due to the very low gearing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)