2001 Transit strange behaviour

Tonight I unlocked the Tranny using the fob, as usual. Opened the passenger door, which was a bit frozen up and noticed the winkers give a flash. Came to lock it back up again and the winkers gave a single flash on the first press, but no flash on the second double-lock press.

For the past seven years, the pattern has been:- No flash on the first locking press A double flash on the double-lock second press. That's now changed and I can't see why. It still locks and unlocks fine and I think the double-locking is still working, but I can't be sure.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon laid this down on his screen :

Could it mean a door has not been fully and properly closed, due to ice?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Harry Bloomfield saying something like:

It just locks and unlocks immediately, in that case.

Weird thing. An hour or two later I went out to try it again and it's back to normal, having touched nothing.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It happens that Grimly Curmudgeon formulated :

There you go then - jammed up by ice.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Harry Bloomfield saying something like:

No, the locking was working ok during the oddness. One thing I did notice - as I was pulling the frozen door open the interior light flashed on a couple of times, as the door contact made and broke when the door stuttered on the frozen hinges. It was immediately after that the winkers started playing up. In light of the other post about the Mondeo alarm and putting it into test mode, I suspect that something happened in the ECU, causing it to have a bit of a wobbly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Or the switches are freezing.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Had a similar isue on my relay van its frozen contacts and locks , the locks and electronic ciruitery operate from a pulse from one of the many ecu units ,

Reply to
steve robinson

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Duncan Wood" saying something like:

Oddly, the switch on the passenger door isn't a button type - I wonder if there's a reed switch under the rubber bung.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon