2004 Honda Accord 2.0 SE, ABS Light on

On Monday the ABS light on my Accord came on. I tested it (we had ice that day) and indeed I think the ABS was AWOL. The light would go off
after switching on the engine, then come back on within seconds and stay on.
Yesteday the ABS light went on for ignition, then went off and stayed off. No, it hasn't burned. :-) What shall I expect? Is there something preventative I should be doing, or just let it (hopefully not) develop? In case it's relevant, I had the front disks replaced 2 months ago.
Cheers,
Kostas
--
Emails to this address are dropped.

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 10:37:09 -0000, Kostas Kavoussanakis

If it's off then unless you fancy buying or borrowing a fault code reader you're unlikely to get anywhere. I'll bet one the ABS sensors/connecters is no longer waterproof.
On 16/01/2011 17:46, Duncan Wood wrote:

Thanks!
Kostas
--
Emails to this address are dropped.

On 16/01/2011 17:46, Duncan Wood wrote:

The ABS light came back on, so in to the garage it went. The sensor and the ring had both gone (O/S/R), so a new sensor, new hub, 3 days and 336 pounds later all is good.
Not happy in general, but especially since I had to pay for ABS on the rear...
Kostas
--
Emails to this address are dropped.

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 20:46:28 +0000, Kostas Kavoussanakis

OOI how does a ring fail ?
Andy C
On 06/02/2011 08:20, Andy Cap wrote:

I am told that the sensor broke and damaged the ABS ring. The first error on the reader was sensor; after that was replaced, the reader gave a different error, indicating ring. Thus the delay in getting this fixed; most of the time was waiting for the parts. The costs are also mostly parts.
Kostas
--
Emails to this address are dropped.

Andy Cap wrote:

the most common way is that the surface they are mounted on rusts and expands, which makes the ring split, this means that some of the teeth have the wrong spacing which leads to errors, in extreme cases the ring can become loose or break up completely.